diary turning off holidays

From: ken
Subject: diary turning off holidays
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:31:40 -0400

Rather than having holidays (calendar-holidays) displayed on the same
line and after the date, I wanted them below the date, along with other
entries for that day.  I set

(setq holidays-in-diary-buffer nil)

but when I do this, holidays, s.a., Columbus Day, are not displayed at
all.  Is this how it's supposed to work?  If so, how do I get holidays
displayed below the date along with other entries?

Thanks.

--
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of
rebellion.