Re: pasting many times

From: Florian Kaufmann
Subject: Re: pasting many times
Date: 25 Oct 2006 05:18:16 -0700

> I have downloaded browse-kill-ring
> (http://www.todesschaf.org/projects/bkr.html).
> It allows you to browse all the kills you did and choose the one you want to
> yank.

I still miss however a mode or feature or whatever that gives me about
the following functionality: I'd like to see the kill ring in a window.
Pretty much how browse-kill-ring does it. However automatically always
up to date and the entries of the ring enumerated. Then I could just
visually look at this window, easily see that the thing I want to yank
is say the 9th item in the ring, and then just use yank with an
argument of 9. I think this is still much faster and more convenient
than to browse through the kill ring, either with (yank-pop) M-y or
with browse-kill-ring-next.

Flo