Re: Need an enabler for a bad habit.

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Need an enabler for a bad habit.
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:33:41 +0100

Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:

>> Is there a way to click on the mini-buffer or use a shortcut key so that
>> my cursor is placed in the mini-buffer before I begin to type a command?
>
> M-x
>
> For example:
>
> M-x find-file RET /tmp/test RET

I wonder if that is really what the parent poster meant. Look at what
he writes:

> I know, I know.  There is no need.  I can just start to type my
> command and it will automatically appear in the mini-buffer.  This
> has to do with my own uncorrectable bad habit, not necessity.

That sentence, "I can just start to type my command and it will
automatically appear in the mini-buffer." confuses me. I mean, he just
can't do that, he has to type M-x first. Is he maybe using Viper mode?
It will be interesting to see what he really meant, when he hopefully
reports back here. :)

/Mathias