Re: Can one define global-set-key to override mode-based keymap?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Can one define global-set-key to override mode-based keymap?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:59:46 -0700

rgb wrote:
Hmmm, maybe you could bind `C-n' etc. to some other character not likely
to be bound to a command (e.g. an ISO-8859/Unicode C1 control character
or a Unicode private use character) via keyboard-translate, then bind
the key sequence (vector) of that unused character to `other-window'.

I've wanted to do this but can't figure out how.  Perhaps it's not
possible?   I want to use keyboard-translate on named events such as
Can this be done?
If so, I must be using the wrong syntax.  Could you give an example?

keyboard-translate only works on characters, not arbitrary events.
Maybe you can use function-key-map or key-translation-map to map such
events (more precisely, a sequence) to a different event sequence.

--
Kevin