Re: C-x b w/Multiple Windows and Frames

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: C-x b w/Multiple Windows and Frames
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:21:38 -0600

On Nov 15, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Alan Lue wrote:

Using `C-x b' without an argument displays the most
recent buffer among those not currently displayed.  I
find this behavior annoying when I intend to keep the
same buffer displayed in multiple windows and frames;
oftentimes I need to briefly visit another file, and
when I return to a buffer that is already displayed in
another frames, I need to specify its name explicity.

Is there some way I could modify the behavior of
`switch-to-buffer' so that invoking `C-x b' without an
argument will bring me back to the most recent buffer,
whether or not it is currently displayed in another
window/frame?

What I do is C-X / (point to register).  Then come back via C-X j (jump to register)

HTH
Perry Smith
Ease Software, Inc.

Low cost SATA Disk Systems for IBMs p5, pSeries, and RS/6000 AIX systems