Re: Installing matlab mode under Windows XP

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Installing matlab mode under Windows XP
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:38:01 -0800

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> Then create a subdirs.el file in the directory (e.g. ~/emacs/subdirs.el)
> with these contents:
>
> (if (fboundp 'normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)
>      (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path))

Will that actually do anything in this case? I thought that because of
the order in which Emacs does things at startup, any additions made to
load-path in ~/.emacs don't get scanned for subdirs.el files. At least
this was the case three years ago:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2003-04/msg00315.html