Subfeatures

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Subfeatures
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 04:35:16 +0100

Hi

I read the following in the Elisp documentation:

 -- Fonction: provide feature &optional subfeatures
     This function announces that FEATURE is now loaded, or being
     loaded, into the current Emacs session.  This means that the
     facilities associated with FEATURE are or will be available for
     other Lisp programs.

     The direct effect of calling `provide' is to add FEATURE to the
     front of the list `features' if it is not already in the list.
     The argument FEATURE must be a symbol.  `provide' returns FEATURE.

     If provided, SUBFEATURES should be a list of symbols indicating a
     set of specific subfeatures provided by this version of FEATURE.
     You can test the presence of a subfeature using `featurep'.

>From getting used to running `remove-feature' a feature is equivalent
to me as the major mode function.  But then what are sub-features and
where are they helpful?

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm