Re: Looking for (fill-paragraph) Like Functions

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: Looking for (fill-paragraph) Like Functions
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:01:49 -0900

Markus Triska <triska@gmx.at> wrote:
>floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:
>
>> Then separate the top line for the other lines:
>>
>>     3) this is a sentence is long i would like to hit
>>
>>     M-q now but emacs will not just rap this line it
>>     will rap all the lines and that makes me mad
>
>This step is unnecessary with adaptive-fill-mode non-nil.

I use XEmacs, and have not verified this for Emacs.

It is necessary if the bulleted line is to have less indent than
the rest of the paragraph.  This is a reformatted paragraph if
they are not separated:

       3) this is a sentence is long i would like to hit
       M-q now but emacs will not just rap this line it
       will rap all the lines and that makes me mad

This is effected by separating, and then indenting the
second line before reformatting and deleting the blank line:

--
Floyd L. Davidson            <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@apaflo.com