Re: Looking for (fill-paragraph) Like Functions

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: Looking for (fill-paragraph) Like Functions
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:29:15 -0900

Markus Triska <triska@gmx.at> wrote:
>floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:
>
>> It is necessary if the bulleted line is to have less indent
>
>Not with adaptive-fill-mode and GNU Emacs 22.0.90.10, where M-q on

Seems that XEmacs and Emacs do indeed have a difference in the
fill-paragraph command.  It isn't specific to a bulleted list as
such, it's just that in Emacs the indent on the second line of
*any* paragraph will be retained for the rest of the paragraph,
but not with XEmacs, which will indent according to the first
line.  I didn't look into it farther than that, and don't know
but what XEmacs might have a simple way to change that behavior.

I can see where that might occasionally cause a problem, but
overall it looks nice to me!

--
Floyd L. Davidson            <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@apaflo.com