Re: How to start emacs in a maximized frame in X?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to start emacs in a maximized frame in X?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:50:23 +0100

On 12/11/06, Person <facetious_nickname@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thank you (and Lennart): I tried this .emacs customization and it
produces results very, very close to a normal Windows "maximization."

I recommend using also the registry entries I mentioned; they are
useful because with them Emacs already starts with a size approximate
to that of the final "maximized" state, so you reduce the flicker
effect of starting a small Emacs window which is immediately
maximized.

                   /L/e/k/t/u