Re: emacs22 takes too much memory

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: emacs22 takes too much memory
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:49:50 +0100

* Ronald (2006-12-17) writes:

>> That was a joke (cf. etc/JOKES).  Compared to many "current" programs
>> Emacs is actually quite lean; at least under the conditions I've used
>> it.  I suggest you try to find out which conditions or add-ons trigger
>> the high memory by starting with an empty .emacs file and enabling
>> features one after the other.
>
> It's about 10MB at first.

Here as well.  And it usually does not become larger than 25 or 30MB.
But these values certainly depend on what one is doing with Emacs and
which parts and add-ons are involved.

> I have no idea why I grows so much.

That's why you should monitor memory usage and relate its growth to
actions you are performing.  Without such information it's difficult
to identify the ultimate cause of it.

--
Ralf