Re: MY window tree!

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: MY window tree!
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:32:30 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 1/15/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

I have actually changed that to just change the 'window property of the
overlays. No overlays are normally copied any more.

Ah, good.

If the window object
that the 'window properties points to is not a valid window any more
then I just replace that value with a pointer to the new window that
have replaced the old one.

I think the right thing to do would be a bit more complicate:

1) search every displayed buffer and make a list of all overlays
associated to windows, and which windows are they associated to (one
list for window, I suppose).
2) do your mumbo-jumbo with windows
3) determine which window corresponds to every buffer now
4) process the lists of 1) above and modify only those overlays that
pointed to a non-alive windows W1 that corresponds now to W2.

You are right, I have to check more buffers. In fact every buffer, displayed or not. Done.

I introduced some bugs when I tried to fix the resizing. Hope I got everything in the right place now.