Re: umlaut keys don't work in emacs but do in other x apps

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: umlaut keys don't work in emacs but do in other x apps
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:21:22 +0100

Am 22.01.2007 um 18:29 schrieb josh:

josh wrote:
I just noticed this when I started emacs in the terminal (after setting
the LC variables):

josh@om:~$ emacs &
[1] 899
josh@om:~$ Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

could this be the problem?

this was the problem...don't know why, but for some reason the xlib
didn't get updated when I updated to xorg 7.1, so it was the wrong
version. after updating it works fine.

Fine, that it finally got solved in my absence!

I think you should also set LC_CTYPE to your usual locale. GNU Emacs then adapts itself much better and you can avoid to set-language- environment ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."