Re: file filtering

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: file filtering
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 07:47:52 GMT

"HS" <hugows...> writes:

> On 31 jan, 10:34, Peter Tury <tury.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And: why I can't find keep-lines in my Emacs 22's info? I really
>> searched the info for similar functions before my first ask and didn't
>> find this :-((
>
> Hmm... I can find in mine and I'm also using GNU Emacs 22
> "keep-lines is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `replace.el'."

OK, I wasn't clear enough: I can find it _now_ = when I know its name
(C-h f is easy enough). But I couldn't find it when I just browsed the
info (C-h i): neither in Emacs nor in Elisp parts. It is neither
mentioned in thier indices.

Now I looked into replace.el and saw it _is_ part of GNU Emacs. So its
documentation should be reachable from C-h i, shouldn't it? Or: how
can I find a function if I don't know its name, just the functionality
I need? (C-h a seems to be a bit weak here for me.)