Re: slrn and emacsclient

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: slrn and emacsclient
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:59:01 +0100

Am 05.02.2007 um 04:12 schrieb Tyler Smith:

I'm still having trouble with my alt key in the non-X emacs. When I
type alt-x it runs the command capitalize-word, and leaves M8 in the
minibuffer, so that the next key gets repeated 8 times. That's not
right...

You're wrong! When GNU Emacs runs in some terminal emulation it is no X client anymore. It receives key events which the terminal emulation has received first, filtered, and then passed to programmes running in it: a shell, vi, hangman, GNU Emacs ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." – Evan
Esar