Re: function Qs

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: function Qs
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 01:57:33 -0500

james wrote:
> On Feb 24, 9:19 pm, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flasc...@gatech.edu>
> wrote:
>> I searched apropos for point, and I can't find a point-end-of-line or
>> equivalent.  Is there such a function?  If not, do you know a way I
>> could get the full text of the current line?
>>
>> Matthew Flaschen
>
> apropos only searches interactive functions (those that can be called
> by M-x) by default... but if you give it a parameter:

Yes, I figured that out myself, and just changed it by setting
apropos-do-all (non-interactive functions are kind of important when
you're coding elisp).

> Looks like what you're looking for is point-at-bol and point-at-eol:
>
> (setq line-string
>    (buffer-substring (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol)))

Thanks, I ended up using the unaliased versions of those (however, that
method will copy text properties into the string, which may not be what
you want).

Matthew Flaschen