Re: How to get asynchronous notifications from Emacs ?

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: How to get asynchronous notifications from Emacs ?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:16:33 -0500

David Soulayrol wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a way to obtain asynchronous notifications
> of emacs actions, like: buffer was closed, displayed buffer has changed,
> and so on.

Emacs has hooks for many actions.  For example, kill-buffer-hook is run
when a buffer is closed.  Run C-h f on kill-buffer-hook and add-hook,
and C-h v on after-change-functions.  See also and .

Remember, emacs can do anything if you ask nicely enough.  Theoretical
limitations do not exist as with other programs. ;)

Matthew Flaschen