Re: emms help

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:22:07 -0600

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Can someone help me use emms-browser please.

I'll try.  (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

> I assumed I would just call it and point it to a directory, but it just
> opens with a blank buffer.

That's because it reads the information from a cache, which is
originally empty.  Load a directory with
 M-x emms-add-directory
or
 M-x emms-add-directory-tree
and then you'll have artists and/or songs in the browser.  Next time
you start it, that information will still be in the cache, so you will
still see it in the browser.

Jay