Re: Tool for ELISP code analysis

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Re: Tool for ELISP code analysis
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:30:39 +0100

Johan Bockgård wrote:
Marc Tfardy <m-t-o___CUT__IT___@web.de> writes:

I try to understand some (complicated) ELISP code with many lines of
code and many functions.  It is not easy to keep overview of the
function calls and dependecies between functions/variables.  Is there
maybe a Emacs tool for ELISP code analysis?

,----[ C-h v byte-compile-generate-call-tree RET ]
| byte-compile-generate-call-tree is a variable defined in `bytecomp.el'.
| Its value is nil
[...]

Also http://whome.phys.au.dk/~harder/who-calls.el

Thanks a lot! It's incredible, that so many things exists ready
to use out of the box. It is nearly exactly what I need!

regards

Marc