Re: Is comint the way to go?

From: anoop aryal
Subject: Re: Is comint the way to go?
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:56:33 -0600

On Monday 26 February 2007 06:46, Mathias Dahl wrote:
> David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:
> > Maybe something like FUSE[1]?  But this will only work on Linux and
> > i have no idea if any other OS provides some similar feature.
>
> Thanks, I thought of that, but this hack I wanna build is for Windows
> only.
>
> Since I made my post I have shifted my focus towards doing something
> more "graphical", on the lines of Dired, so that the user can move
> around using the cursor keys.

why not use FUSE to do the filesystem for linux, then export that thru samba
so that users on windows get the GUI without you having to do anything
graphical. and if you want no-mouse GUI (eg. dired), well, use dired on the
FUSEd filesystem. that is, as long as your data fits the filesystem metaphor.