Re: postscript printing from emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: postscript printing from emacs
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:17:19 +0100

Am 23.03.2007 um 15:03 schrieb Stein Arild Strømme:

PCL XL error
       Subsystem:  KERNEL
       Error:      IllegalOperatorSequence
       Operator:   0x1b
       Position:   2

Your printer interprets the incoming stream as some PCL – teach it to accept PostScript!

As alternatives, I'm exploring ways to use a2ps or enscript instead,
but they don't seem to support utf-8.  Other ways?

Use htmlize to convert the buffer or region content to UTF-8 encoded HTML, view it in a capable browser, print from the browser.

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."