Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:04:41 -0400

You might want to take a look at the Emacs Database Package edb.

It's not been maintained for some time, but it might prove helpful
You can find it at
http://pag.csail.mit.edu/~mernst/software/edb/

Someone else suggested a plain text file. I can see the value in this,
combined especially with some type of folding program. I've recently
become enthusiastic about a package called allout, which I'm using for
storying lists of all sorts. I'm even combining it with the
jka-compr-ccrypt package to store encrypted files with my passwords in
it.

You can find out about allout at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/AllOut

- Chris