Re: empty-line-p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: empty-line-p
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 16:57:48 -0400

> And to avoid some painful bug hunting (happened to me with nearly
> the same code) wrap it in a `save-match-data'.

I'd advise against such a change.

The cost of save-match-data is fairly high, so instead of using it
everywhere, the coding convention in elisp is to be careful that between
a regexp-match and the use of match-beginning (and friends) there should be
almost no other operation since most operations (other than the few known
safe ones) may trash the match-data.

        Stefan