Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how to do dvd/book collection management in Emacs?
Date: 3 Apr 2007 07:28:11 -0700

CHENG Gao wrote:
> I wanna manage my dvd collection and books in Emacs. Just I got idea how
> to do this. The first thing coming to my mind is ebib
> (http://ebib.sf.net). Just it can only operate on a pre-created bib
> file. I need to grab an existed bib file to use with ebib.
>
> Please shed light on me which app to use or where to grab bib file for
> dvd (movie) and book collections.
>
> TIA,
>
> CHENG Gao

You might like to look at the simple database program Peter Seibel
presents in his book _Practical Common Lisp_. It's easy to write and
can be modified to do exactly what you would like. I think the source
code is available online at www.apress.com. Look for chapter 3:
Practical: A simple database.

--Douglas