Re: Configuring fill-paragraph not to mash the subversion delimiter?

From: Adam Funk
Subject: Re: Configuring fill-paragraph not to mash the subversion delimiter?
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:56:48 +0100

On 2007-04-06, Sam Peterson wrote:

> Methinks customizing paragraph-separate may prove fruitful.  Something like:
>
> (setq paragraph-separate (concat "--.*\?--\\|" paragraph-separate))
>
> I don't know what *-hook variable is run for subversion commit messages.  If
> you find the right hook, just place the above code in a lambda or defun for
> it.

Thanks, but Matthew Flaschen already gave me the simple answer [1]; I
put these lines in my ~/.emacs and that solved it:

(setq paragraph-start (concat paragraph-start "\\|--This line, and those below,
will be ignored--"))
(setq paragraph-separate (concat paragraph-separate "\\|--This line, and those
below, will be ignored--"))

[1] Message-ID: <mailman.1142.1174348863.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>