Re: untabify-region?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: untabify-region?
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:33:10 +0000 (UTC)

In article <mailman.1151.1174396656.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Peter Dyballa  <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

>Am 20.03.2007 um 12:33 schrieb Johs:
>
>> Is there someway to make this function work in other applications
>> as well
>> (Kile, TexnicCenter for winXP, etc)?
>
>In Mac OS X this service is available for Aqua clients, for example
>Emacs.app or Carbon Emacs ... but not for X clients! So I stay with
>my Emacsen.
>
>--
>Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
>"Don't just do something, sit there."

A completely off-subject question:

I note that you're using OS-X -- in which the lower
parts of are unix or linux or bsd or something.

(correct?)

Does that mean that therefore the entire unix
tools, sh, grep, xargs, ..., are all
available just for the asking -- well,
just waiting for the right incantation?

If so, what *is* this (magic) incantation for
"getting into" eg a bourne shell?

THANKS!

David