Re: Binding same command to two separte keys??

From: Rjjd
Subject: Re: Binding same command to two separte keys??
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:41:48 GMT

I am also totally confused.

I have been using emacs for 25 years

Over the last 25 years I have written about 146 keybinding functions. (That's what count-matches says in my emacsinit.el file. I admit there have been others.)

Some of my keybindings look like this:
  (global-set-key "\M- " 'dabbrev-expand)
Others look like this:
  (global-set-key [SunF37] 'universal-argument)
And some look like this:
  (global-set-key [f3 ?2] 'm2)

I don't know why; I just copy stuff that works. (I know, I know! It's all in the manual! All right already!)

Every time I try to do something a little different, it's like day one, 25 years ago. (I've started writing an encrypter. It will take me about 11 years to get it working. Has anyone else written one I can grab?)

Regards,
Bob DiGrazia

William Case wrote:
Ok guys, now I am really totally confused.
I have been using emacs for 2 years. ...
Over the last 2 years I have written about 10 keybinding functions, ...
Sorry if I sound a little grouchy, but right now my emacs frustration
knows no bounds and I am unable to make sense of anything that I read.
It is like day one, two years ago, all over again.  I thought I had this
simple task -- binding functions to keys worked out.