Re: Signals ignored in shell-mode gnu emacs cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Signals ignored in shell-mode gnu emacs cygwin
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:39:02 +0300

> From: "Edwin Goei" <edwingo@gmail.com>
> Date: 14 Apr 2007 00:15:42 -0700
> Cc: edwin@edwingo.org
>
> I just switched from xemacs to gnu emacs 21.3.50.1on cygwin
> 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) with an X server (the latest versions I can find). I
> have shell-mode working, except that signals sent to the subprocess
> are ignored. For example, if I want to cancel or stop a process, I
> should be able to type C-c C-c or C-c C-z to interrupt or stop it. The
> "Signals" menu items are also ignored. Any ideas? This worked fine in
> xemacs.

When was that binary built?  Emacs is currently in pretest, pending
the (hopefully close) release of v22.1, and the current versions are
numbered 22.0.NN, not 21.3.NN.  What does "M-x emacs-version RET"
display?

If this is a sufficiently old binary, you may be better off trying the
latest pretest version of Emacs 22 at this URL:

  http://www.webalice.it/angelo.graziosi/Emacs.html

(Thanks to Angelo Graziosi for providing the binary.)  I don't use
Cygwin myself, so I have no idea whether this version has the problems
you describe.  But if the problem persists, the Emacs developers will
try to resolve it.

If you have any problems with the pretest, please report them to
emacs-devel@gnu.org as soon as you can, because we want to release
Emacs 22.1 VSN.

TIA