Re: fullscreen mode in xfce4

From: Daniel Rubin
Subject: Re: fullscreen mode in xfce4
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:48:23 +0200

Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

Hi

I'm running xfce4.  When I start my first Emacs frame with the option
--fullscreen it works like a charm.  But I'd like to open other frames
in the same session in fullscreen mode as well.  How can I achieve
this?  The window manager offers his own maximise method but then I
still have a window manager frame around my Emacs frames 8-(.

Hi Dieter,
I discovered it just a few days ago myself (reading this list): Do
  M-x customize-variable RET default-frame-alist
and set a parameter `fullscreen' to value `fullboth'.
(A note on window managers: I'm using icewm and by pressing Alt-F11 I get fully maximized windows--no borders, no title bar, just no space wasted. Maybe xfce has a similar feature?)

Have fun
----Daniel

--
Daniel Rubin