Re: Problem printing

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Problem printing
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:05:31 +0200

Am 19.04.2007 um 20:02 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

What do I have to do to make printing work correctly in Emacs?

Convert the buffer to UTF-8 encoded HTML, open the HTML output file in your preferred browser, and print from there.

GNU Emacs does not support PostScript printing from a different encoding than ISO Latin-1 or ISO 8859-1. Modern versions of GNU Emacs (CVS?) have ELisp code that tells you that these and some other characters cannot be printed.

Lennart Borgman provides the ELisp file htmlize-view.el (formerly available at It uses htmlize.el from Hrvoje Nikšić available at ~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el.

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.