Re: fullscreen does not work

From: Torsten Mueller
Subject: Re: fullscreen does not work
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:43:01 +0200

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> schrieb:

> > > Okay, that explains it. I still have 21.3.1. I see that 22 is in
> > > pretest. So I suppose I can better wait before I upgrade.
>
> I am just using Emacs for a week, so I do not think that I can not
> wait on the new release. Especially when you say that it comes soon.

Does it? Emacs 22 is "in pretest" for 3 years now but it's still
beeing developped. I would not wait on it. You can work with an older
version if you don't miss any of the new features, but you can also
use a current CVS snapshot (22.0.98.1) and recompile it yourself like
me.

> And to get it full screen I just give: <Alt>+<F3> x So it is not a
> very big problem, more a little anouiance. ;-}

Try to use "-g AxB+C+D" command line parameter.

A is the desired width in characters,
B is the desired height in characters,
C is the x-offset of the topleft corner in pixels,
D is the y-offset of the topleft corner in pixels.

This should always work, even under Windows.

Another method is to have some Lisp statements at the end of your
.emacs like these:

        let (
                (maxcols 150)
                (maxrows 68)
        )
        (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 700 100)
        (set-frame-size     (selected-frame) maxcols maxrows)

This makes every emacs instance start on the same position with the
same size.

T.M.