Re: todo-prefix default value has odd diary interpretation

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: todo-prefix default value has odd diary interpretation
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:41:37 -0400

On 4/20/07, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:
"Denis Bueno" wrote:

> So, first: is there a way to set a deadline for a todo, such that
> emacs will display an appointment at the time of the deadline for the
> todo?

It seems not, because todo's don't have a concept of a time at which
they need to be done. Why not just make a normal diary entry?

I may do that. It seems weird to have to look in two places for todos
(if I put deadline-having todos in diary but not in todo-mode), but I
suppose I could put the deadline in diary, and the todo in .todo-do.
This duplicates a bit of work, but may be psychologically acceptable.

> Second: should this behavior be changed so that the time of entering
> the todo should not be considered an appointment time?

Try customizing todo-time-string-format so that the time of day is not
recognized by appt.

Ah. Hadn't thought of that. Will report on any solution.

-Denis