Baseline of Luxi Fonts

From: Taka Fukuda
Subject: Baseline of Luxi Fonts
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:32:00 -0700

    Hello,

    I am using Emacs of the configuration shown
    "User-Agent:"

    I love Luxi Mono font very much and ported the font
    family from a Linux to Mac OSX 10.4.8.

    It works fine on Mac, but on Emacs its baseline seems to
    be raised a little (I guess it should correspond to
    'descendant' of the font, but not sure.)  I recognized
    the problem since I used the font with Japanese font
    (Hiragino Mincho). Could you give me an advice to fix
    this problem?

    By the way
    - Also in the modline, Luxi Mono seems to be raised.
    - Cannot select (set?) the font in "Customize Emacs."
    - This problem is NOT seen in iTerm.
    - (insert (print1-to-string (x-list-fonts "*"))) detects
      the font for "centraleurroman" encoding only.

    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

--
--                                               Taka Fukuda
--                                    fukuda at computer.org