Possible hidden html tags in straight text in eamcs?

From: Herschel
Subject: Possible hidden html tags in straight text in eamcs?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:36:20 -0400

I attempted several searches without finding any getting matches.  It
might be that I am not good at guessing terms used.

I doubt they exist, but can invisible tags exist in a web page I have
written in emacs that act like an inserted line break, e.g. <br /> or
the html option and viewing the code rendered.  It's weird, because the
lines in the editor are uniformly wrapped and nothing is visible where
the lines break when rendered.  Efforts to delete such hidden tags have
failed, hence, I am at loss what I might have encountered.

I write my html by hand and I am wondering if an incorrect key
combination could have inserted these breaks without my being cognizant
of this was happening.  If so what could be the key combinations, can
they be removed - if so how?  Simple back spacing and deletes have failed.

I am running a Ubuntu desktop 6.06 that is up to date in patching, other
than Firefox, where I run ahead using version 2.0.

Emacs version 21.4.1 (i486 -pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2006-05-17 on rothera, modified by Debian

TIA, for any suggestions.  I should mention I use my own templates for
each page type and I am worried that this template might be corrupted.