Re: Go to line

From: james
Subject: Re: Go to line
Date: 23 Apr 2007 08:08:19 -0700

On Apr 23, 9:55 am, PAolo <paolopanta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there some faster way to go to a certain line, rather than
> M-x goto-line ?
> Can I specify a line number when I open a file with C-x C-f?
>
> THnx
> PAolo

In my emacs, it is bound to M-g M-g (as well as M-g g).  If it isn't
in yours, check what it is bound to with C-h k, and if it's clear (or
you're willing to override it), add this to your .emacs:

(global-set-key (kbd "M-g M-g") 'goto-line)

Or perhaps use this binding, which is not to be used by any major
modes, by convention:
(global-set-key (kbd "C-c g") 'goto-line)

FWIW, you can find out if a function is bound to, if anything, by
bringing up the command's documentation.  C-h a  for apropos-command,
then "goto-line".