Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: hemant
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:13:24 +0530

On 4/24/07, William Case <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 05:07 +0000, 30ish emacs user wrote:
> I'm wondering which age group most Emacs users fall into? How old are
> you? I'm 32.
> I suppose most of the youngest generation were exposed to some kind of
> graphical editor like Visual Studio or Eclipse and they find Emacs
> alien (those who don't understand...) after using the former.
> The older generations were more probable to be exposed to vim or emacs
> first and they "stuck" with it (know the advantages), not migrating to
> graphical editor land.
> That's only an assumption and I'd like to verify it. Would you please
> post your age if you're interested? The statistics could be
> interesting. :)
I am 63.  The kids have moved out, my wife has passed away.  I was no
longer getting enough confusion, frustration, anger and disappointment
in my life so 2 years I started using emacs.  It has filled the bill

Regards Bill

I am 23 and using Emacs since last 5 years. Yet learning.

There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.