Elisp Tutorial dumb question -- but I thought I better doublecheck ??

From: William Case
Subject: Elisp Tutorial dumb question -- but I thought I better doublecheck ??
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:23:01 -0400

Hi;

I am working my way through the elisp tutorial
at
:http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/emacs-lisp-intro/html_mono/emacs-lisp-intro.html#Writing%20Defuns

Section 3.3 on defuns gives an algorithm for the basic defun as:

defun
(defun function-name (arguments ... )
"optional-documentation ..."
(interactive argument-passing-info)
body ... )

and later gives an algorithm for the lambda anonymous function as:
C.4.3 A lambda Expression: Useful Anonymity

(lambda (arg-variables...)
  [documentation-string]
  [interactive-declaration]
  body-forms...)

The differences seem trivial, but can I re-write the lambda algorithm in
terms of the defun algorithm for myself such that:

lambda
(lambda (arguments ... )
        "optional-documentation ..."
        (interactive argument-passing-info)
        body ... )

or would I be missing some significant difference ?

--
Regards Bill