Newbie to Emacs-Lisp: Using the fill-paragraph function

From: Taylor Jones
Subject: Newbie to Emacs-Lisp: Using the fill-paragraph function
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:20:36 -0700

I'm trying to write a function that inserts C function headers for me with a little interactive prompting. This is a snippet of what I'm trying to do:

    (if (> (length return) 0)
    (progn
     (insert " *\n")
     (insert " * @return ")
     (insert return)
     (insert "\n")
     (fill-paragraph))
    )

As you can see, after I insert the " * @return <description of return value>" I want to use the fill-paragraph function, just as I would do if I were manually typing the line and using the M-q keybinding. When the fill-parargraph function runs, I get an error message "wrong number of arguments" and a bunch of gibberish. I've tried a bunch of different combinations of things and checked the C-h f help page for the fill-paragraph function, but I'm still stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Taylor