Re: .emacs in the Windows version of Emacs

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: .emacs in the Windows version of Emacs
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:35:05 +0200

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

> Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
>> Peter Tury escribe:
>>> you should have a "home" env.variable in MS
>>> Windows and put your .emacs there.
>>
>> I you don't have it Emacs will look for a C:\_emacs or a C:\.emacs.
>
> The now hopefully soon released Emacs 22 it is more well behaved and
> looks in the users Application Data directory if HOME is not set.

It is Emacs 22. I could take it of from my usb-stick and put it in C
\temp\emacs. (Temp is never cleared -why call it temp then?- so that
works.) But Emacs wants to write to C:\.emacs and that is not allowed. I
but something in C:\temp\emacs and load it with load-library. Not perfect,
but it will not get better I am afraid.