Email diary appointment reminders

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Email diary appointment reminders
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:48:59 -0400

All-

I am using the diary to keep track of appointments, and in particular
I use the fancy diary display, and appt-make-list as a
diary-display-hook, so that I get reminders in emacs of upcoming
appointments. But I want email reminders.

I'm a bit disappointed that there is nothing like "appt-display-hook",
so that I could just email myself the appointment whenever emacs
decides to display it. Is there a way to get this behavior?

-Denis