Re: build-and-load-etags

From: David L
Subject: Re: build-and-load-etags
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:41:47 -0700

> Is there a way to get compile to run syncrhonously?

Not that I know of.

> Or alternatively to get the "next-error" functionality
> when using shell-command?

I think you want compilation-minor-mode.

That works... thanks.

One more question.  If I wanted the benefit of asynchronous
generation of the tags file (ie, not having to wait 30 seconds
for a big list of dependencies to be created before my emacs
session is active again) is there a way to query the completion
status of a compile session so I could start a timer and
poll every few seconds for compilation completion?  This
would also be useful for functions like compile-and-run or
compile-and-debug where you want to wait for compilation
to be done before proceeding with the next step (but might
want to continue browsing through the code in the mean time).

Thanks!

        David

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon. http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglineapril07