Re: VHDL and Emacs (My experience)

From: Mike Treseler
Subject: Re: VHDL and Emacs (My experience)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:38:31 -0700

mans wrote:

1- Its keyboard shortcuts are not windows based.

True, but the the arrow keys, and mouse, and menus
work without knowing any shortcuts.

2-      It is very slow to start ( I didn't use emacs clinets)

True. I just leave it running all day.

3- I read that you can see a hierarchy of your VHDL code, but I can not turn it on (I don't know how to turn it on!).

That requires vhdl-mode and speedbar.
vhdl-mode.el is not included in most windows distributions,
get it here:
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/emacs/vhdl-mode.html

Ps: Does Eclipse support VHDL?

Not like it support Java.