xemacs to emacs, missing shell mode feature

From: Livin Stephen Sharma
Subject: xemacs to emacs, missing shell mode feature
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:01:52 +0530

I just tried these sample input commands, and then tried to search for these.
echo
ls
date
who
env
info ls

here's what I find at the end of the above sequence of commands:
1. hitting M-R takes me to a regex-search prompt for previous i/p
2a. now if I enter 'l' <Enter>,
2b. the unix command prompt is 'ready' with "info ls",
3a. repeating 2a,
3b. the unix command prompt is 'ready' with "ls".

(did the backwards search for 'l' since the two instances - 'ls' and 'info ls' are separated by non-matching commands. works for me?)
--livin.stephen