special buffer frames again

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: special buffer frames again
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:33:26 GMT

Hi,

I'm working out the bumps in setting up my special buffer frames. So
far so good, except: if I c-x c-f to load a file, hit tab, the
completions frame opens up. However, after selecting the completion I
want, the window minimizes itself, and stays minimized for subsequent
calls to the special frame. With fluxbox, this means I can't see the
window without selecting its icon from the toolbar, which is awkward
with keyboard shortcuts, and basically requires me to use the
mouse.

This also affects help windows. For example, if I c-h v, then use
completions to select the variable I want to see, and then exit the
help window with q, I end up with a completions frame and a help
frame, both minimized on the toolbar. They update themselves with
subsequent calls to help or completions, but don't restore themselves
to be visible when they do so.

If I c-x k the special frame it dies nicely, and when it is up I can
m-tab back and forth between the special buffer and the main emacs
frame as I want to.

How can I have this buffer either stay up or delete itself when I'm
done with it?

I'm running emacs21 on debian lenny with fluxbox. I've tried
window-dedicated-p, without effect, but couldn't find any other
variables that looked helpful.

Thanks!

Tyler