Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:37:51 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 5/2/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, more discussion would be good. I really tried to open a discussion
about it, but I did not get much company.

I'd say you're being unfair, but that would be far too nice. You seem
to have suddenly forgotten tens of messages (public and private) and
quite a few hours devoted to this and related issues.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that you and others did not take part at all. But when I finally gave Emacs client a (logical) structure that seemed relevant to me I did not get feedback on that. And I really tested different possibilities a lot.

Once again I get
the feeling that you're very conservative with your time, and quite
liberal with other people's.

You must be misunderstanding something very much.

I'm speaking from memory, but I remember at least one bug report that
explicitly mentioned trouble in the automatic start of the server
(though, if my memory doesn't fail, you fixed it in your patches).

There were a lot of such reports before people realized that they did not had to start the server in .emacs.