Config highligt in EMACS

From: anders
Subject: Config highligt in EMACS
Date: 3 May 2007 05:09:27 -0700

I have added the follow in my .emacs files
but EMACS don't turn do anyting visually.

(setq global-font-lock-mode t)

if i use M-x global-font-lock-mode
it say's turning of so Emacs thinks it is on,

after that i can type

M-x global-font-lock-mode

To turn it on manually and then it works

I looks like it is turned on from the configfile
but noting is done, but if i do OFF/ON
manully it is  working.

any other configs as

(global-hl-line-mode 1) ;; Mark current line
(setq standard-indent 2) ;; Indent size 2
(setq-default indent-tabs-mode t) ;; Use tab
(setq make-backup-files nil) ;; No backupfiles

Work fine..

any ide ?
(i use emacs remotly on a Linux machine)