Re: Another 'best' practices question ??

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Another 'best' practices question ??
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:59:11 +0200

William Case wrote:
Hi;

I have downloaded nxhtml-1.00.070501.zip.  I now have to put it
somewhere and then add it to my loadpath.  Is that correct?

Unpack it and follow the instructions in readme.txt. You do not have to put it in your load-path. If you follow the instructions some directories will instead be added to your load-path.

If so, where should I put it?

Anywhere, see above.

When you open your first .html file you will get some more instructions.

Should I create a new directory in "/usr/share/emacs/22.0.95/lisp" or
add the file to an existing directory?  I tried to include it with the
XHTML-mode but I could find specific XHTML, HTML or PHP mode files or
directories to include it with.  Is that a good idea or not?

I am not sure what you mean, but nXhtml includes a new mode for XHTML called nxhtml-mode. You can also use the mode that comes with Emacs 22, html-mode, but then you will miss completion for XHTML.

nXhtml also includes a php-mode. Please use that one, not some other version, since I have made some corrections to it.