Re: pdf or ps from emacs syntax highlighted source code

From: Bauke Jan Douma
Subject: Re: pdf or ps from emacs syntax highlighted source code
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:40:21 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote on 03-05-07 05:11:
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 01:48:31 +0200
From: Bauke Jan Douma <bjdouma@xs4all.nl>

Does anyone know if and how I can create a pdf or postscript file from
source code I'm editing in emacs, which I have syntax highlighted in
emacs, and which syntax-highlighting (except for the background color,
which in my case is almost black) I would like to preserve in the
created pdf/ps file?

"M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces" will produce PostScript, and will
write it to a file if you invoke it with an argument.

Or is their any other tool that might be able to do something like
this?  The source code is C, but it would be nice to have it for php,
(bourne) shell, etc.

ps-print-buffer-with-faces works for any buffer.

I see, thanks!

Actually -- as soon as I had posted the question here, I came
up with another preferable requisite: a html version of the
syntax highligted code.
Wouldn't necessarily have to be the same color-theme as emacs.

I suppose though that's off-topic here.  Unless anybody has a
quick suggestion...  I see google has some response on this,
I'll have to see if anything is workable.

Regards,

bj