From: Rustom Mody
Subject: proportional fonts for code editing
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 18:26:14 +0530

I have recently discovered proportional fonts and find that I can get more out of my 15 inch monitor with a proportional font than with the default. [I also tried fixed but its a bit too small]

However for editing code, the spaces (at the left) are so narrow that it hardly shows the indentation.

Are there any modes/tips for using using proportional fonts in gnu-emacs that make code editing easier?
Ideally I would like a mode that makes spaces at the beginning of the line fatter, or else at least all spaces fatter than the default.

Or maybe there are just better fonts for editing code?

Thanks

Rustam