Re: Lock buffer to window

From: Nikolaj Fogh
Subject: Re: Lock buffer to window
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:05:06 +0200

Nikolaj Schumacher wrote:
Nikolaj Fogh <address@hidden> wrote

I was wondering if there was any way of locking a specific buffer to a
window it emacs, so that that window never changes buffer.

Hello Nikolaj,

try adding the following to your .emacs:

(define-minor-mode sticky-buffer-mode
  "Make the current window always display this buffer."
  nil " sticky" nil
  (set-window-dedicated-p (selected-window) sticky-buffer-mode))

then M-x sticky-buffer-mode.

Nikolaj Schumacher

Thanks a lot. That was just what I was looking for.